Background

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Winding the Bobbin

...It took me an hour... A WHOLE FREAKING HOUR to thread my home sewing machine. Why is it always the little things that make us want to pull our hair out? I mean, winding a bobbin should be the easiest part of sewing. It's thread on a spool... a tiny spool... a meaningless, little, annoyingly small spool. Ugh! Double ugh. Someone get me a gun.

Kidding.

In all seriousness, why do the small things make us the most insane? Yes, I am making an allegory out of winding a bobbin. Ya wanna know why? Because that little bobbin is part of a bigger spool of thread, but you need the damn bobbin in order to sew! Winding the bobbin, which should be the most simple of task can become the most difficult. It will chew away at our patience until we get it right and it's all wound. We can't skip the step, because we need the damn bobbin...

Think about it.





No comments:

Post a Comment