Background

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Where Did the Time Go?

It's five till eight...

I'm thirty minutes early for class and as I look down at my phone, I notice the date. It's the twenty-third of August, I register for my second quarter classes in a week, and my wedding is now less then a year away. Oh. My. Goodness.

Where has the time gone? Did it slip by me while I wasn't looking? Did it vanish into thin air while I was too busy hyper focusing on the little things? I'm one of those people that wishes there was an extra eight hours in a day. I simply have far too much to do and not enough time to do it in.

How can one stay on top of everything, but still feel like their getting the most out of the day? By the time I get home from school, I'm already at my desk, finishing homework, blogging, and trying to pay attention to my little family.

I suppose I need to take a few moments to just "be" each day. We all should take those moments, but If you're like me and want a better way to focus your time and energy, here's some advice:

-don't be afraid to make list. Go ahead, be that person. There is nothing wrong with knowing what must be done and giving yourself a deadline.

-create goals that are realistic. Don't get in over your head and end up frustrated and sobbing on the bathroom floor from sheer emotional exhaustion.

-baby steps. Yep, I said it. Baby steps. One foot in front of the other and I promise you'll accomplish all your "to-dos"

-give yourself time to grab a coffee, read a couple chapters of a book, or take a walk. It's important to have some "me" time.

-finally, don't beat yourself up! If you don't finish, Eh... Life happens. We're all busy people with busy lives. Remember this.


I hope this helps some... Let's all take a moment to breath. Ready? *inhale* *exhale* Whoo! Feel better? Good. Have a wonderfully not-so-perfect-but-that's-okay Tuesday.

Peace, Love, and Pixie Dust!
Whitney


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment